Bills for water service are issued monthly by the District in six (6) cycles.
The bill will be sent to the mailing address specified by the Customer at the time application for service is made, or at a new mailing address designated by the Customer in writing. If a customer does not receive the bill at the appropriate time of the month, he or she is encouraged to call the District office for assistance, or to enroll in automatic draft.
The District will make every reasonable effort to see that each Customer receives a monthly bill, however, the District is not responsible for mail delivery or the lack thereof. Customers are allowed fifteen (15) days from the Bill Date to remit payment.
Should a Customer fail to remit payment in a timely manner, he or she will be subject to the following:
- Bills not paid within fifteen (15) days shall be considered late, and a penalty will be added to the Customer’s account.
- Accounts with bills not paid within twenty-five (25) days of the bill date will be charged a non-payment fee and will be scheduled for disconnection. Payment must be received by 5:00 PM on the twenty-fifth day to avoid the non-payment fee. Example: The bill date is the 4th of the month. A late fee will be added at 5:00 PM on the 19th of the month. The non-payment fee will be added at 5:00 PM on the 28th of the month.
- When service to an address has been discontinued for non-payment, all charges for service to date become immediately due and payable, and service will not be restored until payment has been made in full, including any additional charges assessed by the District (including, but not limited to, meter/meter box/MXU damages, return-check fees, payment plan balances, and/or additional deposit).
- If a Customer is disconnected for non-payment, he or she will continue to receive a minimum monthly bill for availability of service until such time as the account is closed.
- All late and non-payment fees are assessed based on the most current CMD Rate Schedule.