Chester Metropolitan District is expanding its customer payment options. In addition to automatic bank draft and online e-check payments, CMD will also offer online payments by debit/credit card and IVR (pay-by-phone) service.
Here’s what you need to know:
- E-check service will remain largely unchanged. E-check processing will continue through the same service, T-Tech. However, due to rising costs, all e-check payments will be subject to a $2.50 processing fee. E-check payments made after 3:00 PM will be posted on the next business day.
- Online Debit/Credit payments will be available through our new account management portal, hosted by Municipal Online Payments. Click Here to create an account and request Utility Billing access. A 3% processing fee will apply to all debit/credit payments.
- The Municipal Online Payment portal will allow customers to view and pay bills in real time, as well as sign up for e-billing and important notifications such as outage notices and payment reminders. CMD will soon accept online service requests through this system, too.
- Pay by Phone: Customers will be able to pay over the phone using debit and credit cards 24-hours-a-day. Simply call the toll-free number at 833-209-4044. You may also call our main line at (803) 385-5123 and dial 9 to access this service. A 3% processing fee will apply to all debit/credit payments.
- Customers are also encouraged to sign up for automatic bank draft: a simple, no-fuss way to make sure your bill is paid on time, every month. There is no processing fee associated with automatic draft.
For more information, please read our FAQ or call our office at (803) 385-5123.