Bill Payment Services
The Chester Metropolitan District bills each customer once per month for services used during the previous month. All bills are for actual usage (water which passed through the meter). From time to time, a customer may receive an “estimated bill” due to an issue such as a malfunctioning meter or a high usage discrepancy. The estimate is based on an average of the customer’s usage history.
- Bills are typically for a 28-31 day usage period, depending on weekends and holidays.
- Bills are due fifteen (15) days from the “Bill Date”. If a bill is not paid in fifteen days, a late fee will be assessed.
- Customers have an additional ten (10) days to make payment. If payment is not received by 5:00 PM on the 10th day (25 days from the “Bill Date”), a Non-Payment Fee will be assessed and the account will be scheduled for disconnection.
- Depending on your location, your bill may also include wastewater and/or garbage service.
- CMD does not accept partial payments.
- CMD is not responsible for wastewater service or garbage service. All inquiries must be directed to the appropriate authorities.
CMD offers the following convenient bill payment options:
Make a payment by phone 24-hours a day! Simply dial the toll-free number above and follow the prompts to make a payment over the phone with your debit or credit card. A 3% processing fee will apply.
To use this service, please have your account number and service address (physical address only; no P.O. Boxes) available.
|CMD’s new online credit/debit payment system is hosted by Municipal Online Payments. Click the button below to create an account. |
Creating an account also gives customers utility account management tools such as billing and payment history, paperless billing, text notifications, and more! You will need your account number and the amount of your last payment to register. A 3% processing fee will apply to all credit/debit payments.
|CMD still accepts e-check payments through T-Tech. Please be aware that due to rising costs, a $2.50 processing fee will apply to all e-check payments. |
When paying with an e-check, please have a copy of your bill available, as this system is not directly connected to our billing accounts. When entering your bank information, please include all leading zeroes in your account number to ensure your payment is approved. Note: Any payment rejected by your financial institution will be subject to a Returned-Check fee.
AUTOMATIC BANK DRAFT
CMD also participates in automatic bank draft payments. Customers who enroll can expect their payment to be automatically drafted from the connected bank account once per month based on the billing schedule. For more information on scheduling, please call and speak to our Billing Department. To enroll, simply fill out the form on the back of your bill and return it to the CMD office.
If you have any questions about any of our billing options or need additional assistance, please contact our office at (803) 385-5123 and our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to help you.