Bill Payment Services
The Chester Metropolitan District bills each customer once per month for services used during the previous month. All bills are for actual usage (water which passed through the meter). From time to time, a customer may receive an “estimated bill” due to an issue such as a malfunctioning meter or a high usage discrepancy. The estimate is based on an average of the customer’s usage history.
- Bills are typically for a 28-31 day usage period, depending on weekends and holidays.
- Bills are due fifteen (15) days from the “Bill Date”. If a bill is not paid in fifteen days, a late fee will be assessed.
- Customers have an additional ten (10) days to make payment. If payment is not received by 5:00 PM on the 10th day (25 days from the “Bill Date”), a Non-Payment Fee will be assessed and the account will be scheduled for disconnection.
- Depending on your location, your bill may also include wastewater and/or garbage service.
- CMD does not accept partial payments.
- CMD is not responsible for wastewater service or garbage service. All inquiries must be directed to the appropriate authorities.
Customers have multiple ways to pay their bills. Payment may be made in the office with cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card. Checks and money orders are accepted via mail and in the night deposit box located at our drive-thru. Online payments may be made via electronic check.
Note: when paying your bill online, please have your complete CMD account number, as well as complete routing and bank account numbers. Include all leading zeroes to ensure your payment is properly applied.
In an effort to better serve our customers, CMD is in the process of moving to a new billing software. Once this migration is complete, we will have the ability to offer additional payment methods such as pay-by-phone and online credit/debit payments. CMD expects the new payment options to be available in December 2018.